Zuv Foundation’s intentions for publishing this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), are not to impose restrictions that are contrary to Zuv Foundation’s established culture of openness, trust and integrity. Zuv Foundation is committed to protecting the Zuv Foundation’s employees, partners and the organization from illegal or damaging actions by the individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. This Acceptance Use Policy, covers the security and use of all Zuv Foundation’s information and IT equipment.
This policy covers all internet/Intranet/Extranet- related systems, including but are not limited to computer equipment, software, operating systems, storage, media, network account providing electronic mail, WWW browsing, and FTP, which are the property of Zuv Foundation. These systems are to used for business purposes and in serving the interests of the organization, and of our clients and customers in the course of normal operations.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the acceptable use of policy at Zuv Foundation. The rules are in place to protect the employee and the Zuv Foundation. Inappropriate use exposes Zuv Foundation to risks including the virus attacks, compromise of network systems and the services, and legal issues.
Effective security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every Zuv Foundation’s employee and affiliate who deals the information/information systems. All employees, contractors, consultants, temporary and the other workers at Zuv Foundation including all personnel affiliated with the third parties must adhere to this policy. This policy applies to information assets owned and/or leased by Zuv Foundation, or to the devises that connects to Zuv Foundation’s network or reside at Zuv Foundation’s site.
General Use and Ownership
- Zuv Foundation’s proprietary information stored on electronic and computing devices whether owned or leased by Zuv Foundation, the employee or a third party, remains the sole property of Zuv Foundation. You must ensure through legal or technical means that proprietary information is protected in accordance with the Data Protection Standard.
- You have a responsibility to promptly report the theft, loss or unauthorized disclosure of Zuv Foundation’s proprietary information.
- You may access, use or share Zuv Foundation’s proprietary information only to the extent it is authorized and necessary to fulfil your assigned job duties
- Employees are responsible for exercising good judgment regarding the reasonableness of personal use. Individual departments are responsible for creating guidelines concerning personal use of Internet/Intranet/Extranet systems. In the absence of such policies, employees should be guided by departmental policies on personal use, and if there is any uncertainty, employees should consult their supervisor or manager.
- For security and network maintenance purposes, authorized individuals within Zuv Foundation may monitor equipment, systems and network traffic at any time, per Zuv Foundation’s Audit Policy.
- Zuv Foundation reserves the right to audit networks and systems on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with this policy.
- You are responsible for the security of data, accounts, and the systems under your control. Keep passwords secure and do not share account or password information with anyone, including other personnel, family, or friends. Providing access to another individual, either deliberately or through failure to secure its access, is a violation of this policy.
- You must maintain system-level and user-level passwords in accordance with the password policy.
- You must ensure through legal or technical means that proprietary information remains within the control of Zuv Foundation at all the times. Conducting Zuv Foundation’s business that results in the storage of proprietary information on personal or non-Zuv Foundation controlled environments, including devices maintained by third party with whom Zuv Foundation does not have a contractual agreement, is prohibited. This specifically prohibits the use of e-mail account that is not provided by Zuv Foundation, or its customer and partners, for organization business.
The following activities are, in general, prohibited. Employees may be exempted from these restrictions during the course of their legitimate job responsibilities.
Under no circumstances is an employee of Zuv Foundation authorized to engage in any activity that is illegal under local, state, federal or international law while utilizing Zuv Foundation owned resources.
The lists below are by no means exhaustive, but attempt to provide a framework for activities which fall into the category of unacceptable use.
- Abusive Behavior: Do not harass, threaten, or defame any person or entity. Do not contact any person who has requested no further contact. Do not use ethnic, national, or religious slurs against any person or group.
- Privacy: Do not upload private information about any person to the System without authorization. Do not violate the privacy rights of any person. Do not collect or disclose any personal address, social security number, or other personally identifiable information without each holder’s written permission. Do not cooperate in or facilitate identity theft. Do not violate any law governing privacy rights in any jurisdiction
- Intellectual Property: Do not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Do not reproduce, publish, or disseminate text, photographs, or other works of authorship without the written permission of the copyright holder.
- Hacking, Viruses, & Network Attacks: Do not access any computer or communications system without authorization, including the computers used to provide the System & Services. Do not attempt to penetrate or disable any security system. Do not intentionally distribute a computer virus, launch a denial of service attack, or in any other way attempt to interfere with the functioning of any computer, communications system, or website. Do not attempt to access or otherwise interfere with the accounts of other users of the System & Services.
- Spam: Do not send bulk unsolicited e-mails (“Spam”) or sell or market any product or service advertised by or connected with Spam. Do not facilitate or cooperate in the dissemination of Spam in any way.
- Violations of Law: Do not violate any law, or indulge in illegal activities such as child pornography; gambling; piracy; violating copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws, uploading and distributing unlicensed licensed software, accessing or authorizing anyone to access the service from an embargoed country, threatening, stalking, defaming, defrauding, degrading, victimizing or intimidating anyone for any reason, invading anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their knowledge and consent.
- Offers transactions involving: cigarettes or tobacco products, firearms, weapons, or ammunition, illegal drugs or non-legally prescribed controlled substances, items that create consumer safety risks, items that are intended to be used to engage in illegal activities, pornography, counterfeit or stolen goods, or personal fundraising or collections of nonprofit donations.
Do not show Zuv Foundation or its products in a false or derogatory light.
- Compliance Measurement: The Zuv Foundation’s team will verify the compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to, the business tool reports, internal and external audits and feedback to the policy owner.
- Exceptions: Any exception to the policy must be approved by the Zuv Foundation’s team in advance.
- Non Compliance: Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy (this “AUP”) may lead to suspension or termination of the user’s account or legal action. In addition, the user may be required to pay for the costs of investigation and remedial action related to AUP violations. Zuv Foundation's reserves the right to take any other remedial action it sees fit.
Reporting Unacceptable Use
Zuv Foundation’s requests that anyone with information about a violation of this AUP report it via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Please provide the date and time (with time zone) of the violation and any identifying information regarding the violator, including e-mail or IP (Internet Protocol) address if available, as well as details of the violation.
Revision of AUP
Zuv Foundation’s may change this AUP at any time by posting a new version on this page and sending the user written notice thereof. The new version will become effective on the date of such notice.